- Login to SyncroMSP
- Click your company name, and select Profile/Password
- From the menu, select API then API Tokens
- Click on Create New Token > Name "Backup Radar" - Expiration should be a date in the future - Permissions shown below:
- Click on Integration, PSA Integration and Select the SyncroMSP from CRM Type drop down
- Click Update.
- You can now click on the Create button in the ticketing defaults section. This is where you will tell Backup Radar which Board to create tickets on, the new status, closed status, category etc.
Additional Info on the options:
Default Company - This is only used in the event one of your backups does not have a Ticketing Company set it will default to the company here. We recommend you set this to your own company.
Don't Update Ticket in Status - Any status added here will be ‘protected’ from Backup Radar updates or Auto-Close. In the event that Backup Radar is attempting to update or auto-close a ticket in this state, it will instead create a new ticket. This is useful if you have a workflow that someone checks all backup tickets before they can be permanently closed. In many cases these tickets may sit for a day or two so we can treat this is a closed status so that should the issue recur during this time period we would open a new ticket so you know it is still having an issue.
Automatic Ticketing Profiles:
Once you setup your Ticketing Default(s) and you are ready to begin creating tickets via Backup Radar you can setup your Automatic Ticketing Profile(s). Please note that if you choose to use a Group by option in the Automatic Ticketing profile and use the "Alert On Failure" option on a backup policy level it is best to choose the same grouping on each otherwise you will end up with ticket duplication if different grouping types are chosen.
Alert on Failure:
This option when activating or changing settings on a backup is very powerful. Please make sure you read the article below before utilizing it.
Other Helpful Ticketing Articles: