- Login to ConnectWise
- Click on System (Bottom Left) -> Members
Click API Members tab then click the Plus sign:
Give it a Member ID and fill out all required fields and then click the Save button. (GUI may have been updated).
- Set the Role ID to Admin: (Please see ConnectWise Permissions Here)
- For Level set it to the highest level available such as Corporate and same for Name and Location. Business Unit should also be set to the highest level.
Then click API keys once you save it and create an API Key by giving it a description and clicking Save.
You then get presented with the Public and Private Keys needed:
- Click on Integration, PSA Integration and Select the ConnectWise REST API from CRM Type drop down:
- Input the info into Backup Radar portal:
- Once you click on Update you will see information below to allow you to select Company Type and Status info. Select the Types and Statuses for the Company Names you wish to Sync to Backup Radar. We do not sync any other information beyond the Company Name by doing so.
- We also recommend you sync the Device Types Server and Workstation or Managed Workstation and Managed Server depending on which naming convention you prefer on the configuration types as shown below. You can use the search to find them if you have an extensive list of options. Click Update once complete at the bottom right.
- Once you have all of these items selected click on the Create button in the ticketing defaults section. This is where you will tell Backup Radar which Board to create tickets on, the priority, the new status, closed status, type, subtype, item, source etc.
- The settings below are a screenshot are an example showing the board and other information you can set.
Additional Info on the options:
Default Company - This is only used in the event one of your backups does not have a Ticketing Company set it will default to the company here. We recommend you set this to your own company.
Don't Update Ticket in Status - This is useful if you have a workflow that someone checks all backup tickets before they can be permanently closed. In many cases these tickets may sit for a day or two so we can treat this is a closed status so that should the issue recur during this time period we would open a new ticket so you know it is still having an issue.
Automatic Ticketing Profiles:
Once you setup your Ticketing Defaults and you are ready to begin using Automatic Ticketing you can now setup your Automatic Ticketing Profile(s). Please note that if you choose to use a Group by option in the Automatic Ticketing profile and use the "Alert On Failure" option on a backup policy level it is best to choose the same grouping on each otherwise you will end up with ticket duplication if different grouping types are chosen.
Alert on Failure:
This option when activating or changing settings on a backup is very powerful. Please make sure you read the article below before utilizing it.
Other Helpful Ticketing Articles: